As the temperatures drop and folks start to build that first fire of the year, we’d like to remind everyone to have your chimneys checked and/or cleaned by a professional prior to the wood burning season getting into full swing. The Veazie Fire Department responded to a chimney fire last week and, luckily, it turned out well for the homeowner. We’d all hate to respond to a devastating fire that could have easily been prevented with a bit of maintenance and foresight. Enjoy our beautiful autumn days, stay alert and stay safe.
Oct 15 2014